Excused absences – Absences will be excused for the following reasons:
1. Hospitalization or illness requiring home confinement
2. Death or serious illness in the family
3. Court arranged appearances
4. Religious holidays
5. Inclement weather problems
6. College visit
Unexcused absences – Absences are unexcused for the following reasons:
1. No note received within three (3) school days upon return to school to explain the absence.
2. An absence for a reason other than those listed above as excused.
School-Related Absences – Students on school-related activities or related activities approved by the school will not be counted as absent from school. Students are responsible for any work missed.